- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy and Delicious Strawberry and Mango Sorbet Recipe Video
|Fresh strawberries||15 Medium (1 Punnet)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.79%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.8 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 83.4 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 268.8%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start by washing the strawberries and trimming the stalks/leaves away from the top.
2. Peel the mango and cut the flesh away from the stone using a sharp knife. Cut the mango into smaller chunks, about the same size as the strawberries.
3. Place everything into the Food Processor, add the water and the sugar and blend on high speed until smooth and any lumps have disappeared.
4. Place mixture into a plastic, or other freezer-proof, container. Cover and put in the freezer. 5) Remove from the freezer about once every hour and stir well using a fork to ensure even freezing – Be sure to remove the frozen parts from the edge of the container and mix with the mix in the centre.
5. After around 4 hours in the freezer the sorbet should have reached a good consistency to eat like ice-cream.
6. Scoop out into bowls and serve on its own or as an accompaniment to some pie or something similar.