- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hazelnut Pie Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry||1 (Ready, For 9 Inch Pie)|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 209.5 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 34.1 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°F
3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry dough into 10 inch circle of ¼ inch thickness.
4. Line the pie pan with the pastry and neaten the edges by cutting off the extra dough. Keep the pie shell aside.
5. To make the filling, take a mixing bowl and add the eggs.
6. Using a wire whisk or a large fork lightly beat the eggs.
7. Add the sugar, salt and corn syrup and whisk until well blended and thick.
8. Stir in the vanilla and fold in the chopped nuts.
9. Pour the filling into the pie shell.
10. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes until the filling is set and pastry is golden.
11. Remove from the oven and rest to cool to room temperature.
12. Chill until ready to serve or serve warm.
13. Slice into wedges and serve with whipped cream if you like.