- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Shrimp Curry Recipe
|Grated coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimp||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1624 Calories from Fat 906
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g162%
Saturated Fat 79.2 g395.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142 mg
Sodium 2160.4 mg90%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.3%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 81 g161.8%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 57.1% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Add the coconut in a fine strainer, suspended over bowl.
2) Add 1 cup of boiling water over the coconut.
3) Allow to seep through the strainer.
4) Pour the same water over the coconut several times till the water is white and milky.
5) Discard the coconut.
6) In a pan, heat butter.
7) Add the onion and cook till tender.
8) Stir in the flour, curry powder, salt, sugar, and gingerroot.
9) Add in the milk and coconut water.
10) Cook, stirring frequently, till smooth and thick.
11) Add in the shrimp and heat to serving temperature.