- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
|Sweet potatoes||8 Medium|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), packed|
|Pineapple||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed (Drained)|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 434.7 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 48 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 573.1% Vitamin C 60.4%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, cook sweet potatoes in water until tender.
2. Drain and let them cool down enough to handle comfortably.
3. Peel and mash.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
5. In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potato, butter, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and 1 cup pineapple.
6. Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole with butter.
7. Into the well-greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, place the mixture and top with remaining pineapple.
8. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Serve hot or warm.