- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Seafood Kabobs Recipe
|Canned pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Green onion pieces||24 (1 1/2 Inches Each)|
|Prawns||24 , shelled, leave tails on|
|Halibut||3⁄4 Pound, cut in 1-inch cubes|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required For Deep Frying)|
|Cucumber||1 , cut into boats (As Required)|
|Pineapple barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177 mg
Sodium 529.4 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 2% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wet bamboo skewer, thread two of each of pineapple chunks, green onion pieces, prawns, and halibut cubes.
2. In a bowl, beat egg whites with salt and monosodium glutamate until foamy.
3. Dip the skewers in flour and then dip in beaten egg whites.
4. In a wok, heat oil until the temp is 375 F.
5. Deep fry the skewer until lightly browned.
6. Remove the skewers and drain on absorbent paper.
7. Serve the fried steak in Cucumber Boats with Pineapple Barbecue Sauce.