- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Pancake Roll Recipe
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Canned crushed pineapple||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Packaged pancake mix||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Easy Pour)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded process cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1229 Calories from Fat 619
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.3%
Saturated Fat 37.1 g185.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 997 mg332.3%
Sodium 2268 mg94.5%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 65.3 g
Protein 53 g105.9%
Vitamin A 51.8% Vitamin C 39.9%
Calcium 99.5% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start heating oven to 450Â°F.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet that has handle wrapped in foil.
3. With wire whip or hand beater, beat egg yolks until thick. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; to egg yolks, gradually add pineapple juice and pancake mix, beating constantly. Fold into beaten egg whites. Pour this batter into skillet.
4. Bake 12 minutes, or until delicately brown.
5. Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine crushed pineapple, lemon peel, and lemon juice; heat this sauce over medium heat.
6. When pancake is done, remove from oven; turn oven heat up to 500Â°F. Sprinkle half of cheese over pancake; then, using two forks, roll it up, jelly-roll fashion, and place on ovenproof platter.
7. Pour pineapple sauce over pancake roll; sprinkle with rest of cheese. Place in oven until cheese melts.