- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Kabobs Teriyaki Recipe
|Cod fillets/Other thick fillets||2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), reserved from chunks|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root/1 teaspoon ground ginger||1 Tablespoon, fresh grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 309 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.31 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.5 mg
Sodium 1984 mg82.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 43 g85.4%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 5% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season 4 wooden skewers by soaking in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
2. Thaw the frozen fish fillets for 15 minutes.
3. Cube into 1-inch chunks.
4. Pat them dry on a clean kitchen towel or on paper toweling.
5. In a non metallic bowl, combine ingredients for marinade.
6. Whisk lightly with a fork until well blended.
7. Add the fish to the marinade and toss lightly until well coated.
8. Cover dish with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour or more.
9. Drain the fish reserving the marinade.
10. On the wooden skewers, thread the marinated fish cubes alternating with pineapple chunks.
11. Heat the grill.
12. Cook the fish for 10 to 15 minutes, turning the frequently and basting the kabobs with the marinade, until they are cooked and lightly charred.
13. Serve immediately over rice or with a salad.