- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fairmont Kea Lani - Rib Eye Steak - Segment 1 Recipe Video
|Rib eye steak||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince (for the rub)|
|Parsely||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced (for the rub)|
|Turbinado sugar||3 Teaspoon (for the rub)|
|Red chili flakes||2 Teaspoon (for the rub)|
|Himalayan salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 teaspoon for the rup + 1/2 tsp for boiling the fiddle head fern)|
|Macadamia nut oil||1 Teaspoon (for the steak)|
|Fiddlehead||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the salad)|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Large, thinly sliced (seeds and pulp discarded, for the salad)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, thinly sliced (for the salad)|
|Sambal||1 Teaspoon (for the dressing)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (for the dressing)|
|Tamale sauce||1 Teaspoon (for the dressing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 994 Calories from Fat 394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160 mg
Sodium 5993.9 mg249.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 98 g195.3%
Vitamin A 110.4% Vitamin C 114.8%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 36.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill.
2. For making the rub : In a bowl, mix together the garlic, parsley, turbinado sugar, red chili flakes and salt. Give it a mix.
3. Slather the steak with the rub.
4. Drizzle the macadamia oil on the steak.
5. Throw it in the grill and cook until nice grill marks appear and it is done to your liking.
6. For the salad: Heat about 1 cup of cut fiddle head fern in boiling water that is salted for 3-4 minutes.
7. Throw them in an ice bath immediately to stop the cooking. Drain and rinse.
8. In a bowl, take the sliced onions, tomato and the fiddle head fern.
9. Spoon in the sambal paste and pour in the roasted sesame oil and tamale sauce. Toss everything together.
10. Serve the steak alongside the salad and a garnish of piped in mashed Okinawan purple potato and crisp lotus roots.