- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Grown Kitchen - Shrimp with Mac Nut Pesto Pasta Recipe Video
|Macadamia nut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Olive oil||14 Tablespoon (12 tablespoons for pesto + 2 tablespoons for the shrimp)|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Linguini pasta||12 Ounce, cooked|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4405 Calories from Fat 2816
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 323 g497.1%
Saturated Fat 46.1 g230.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 367.8 mg122.6%
Sodium 832.1 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 300 g100%
Dietary Fiber 28.8 g115.2%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 110 g219.1%
Vitamin A 228.1% Vitamin C 295.8%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 147.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta as per the directions on the package.
2. In a food processor, add the garlic, macadamia nuts, basil leaves, parsley leaves and give it a pulse.
3. Pour in 3/4 cups of olive oil intermittently along with the lemon juice while pulsing it to a paste.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat a pan with olive oil and saute the shrimp.
6. Add the pesto to it and saute again.
7. Empty the cooked linguini pasta in the pan and lightly toss to coat it well with the pesto.
8. Plate and serve right away.