- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Grown Kitchen - Pastrami Reuben Sandwich with Mac Salad- Segment 1 Recipe Video
|Rye bread slices||2|
|Thousand island dressing||1 Tablespoon|
|Swiss cheese slices||2|
|Oil/Butter||1 Teaspoon (to grease the grill)|
|Pastrami slices||8 Ounce|
|Macaroni pasta||6 Ounce|
|Mustard||1 Tablespoon (French's mustard)|
|Hard boiled eggs||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher pickle slices||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3007 Calories from Fat 1891
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 213 g327.7%
Saturated Fat 49.5 g247.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 584.2 mg194.7%
Sodium 6467 mg269.5%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.8%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.3%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 86 g172.8%
Vitamin A 446.5% Vitamin C 47.7%
Calcium 82.8% Iron 86.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take the rye bread slices and top them with the cheese slices.
2. Toast them on the grill. Set aside.
3. Steam the pastrami for 2 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix the macaroni, mayonnaise, mustard, hard boiled eggs, celery and carrots.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon it in a 4 ounce bowl.
7. Take one the toasted bread slices and top with the steamed pastrami slices.
8. Take the other toasted bread slice and top with the sauerkraut and place on the bread slice with the pastrami to form the sandwich.
9. Slice in half and serve alongside the mac salad garnished with the pickle spear.