- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Grown Kitchen - Old Spaghetti Factory - Segment 1 Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Penne pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mizithra cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2286 Calories from Fat 1804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g315.1%
Saturated Fat 120.3 g601.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 499.5 mg
Sodium 458.6 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 116.7% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan over low heat, melt the butter and allow to heat it up, stirring constantly until the butter is browned and separated, remove the foam while the butter is browning.
2. Take the pan off the heat and allow the butter to rest for 10 minutes so the brown sediments sink in the bottom.
3. In a bowl, pour the browned butter leaving the browned bits in the pan, discard the browned bits.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the bacon and saute for about 5 to 10 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
5. Remove the bacon and allow to drain on kitchen paper towels.
6. In another pan, heat the olive oil, add in the mushroom and season with salt and pepper, and saute for about 5 minutes.
7. Add in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
8. Add in the bacon, about 3 tablespoons of browned butter and pasta and toss well to mix for about 2 minutes.
9. Add in the mizithra cheese and toss to mix for about 1 minutes.
10. In a serving plate, spoon the pasta and garnish with chopped parsley, serve hot.
While the butter is browning, be careful as it can burn easily.