- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Grown Kitchen - Escabeche Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (Incan quinoa for the salad)|
|Olive oil||9 Tablespoon, divided (8 tbsp for frying the fish + 1 tbsp for sauteing)|
|Tri colored bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut lengthwise into eighths (for the sauce)|
|White onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut lengthwise (Kula onions for the sauce)|
|Tomatoes||15 Small, halved (8 for the quinoa + 7 for the sauce)|
|Macadamia nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (for the salad)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (for the salad)|
|Raisins||1 Tablespoon (for the salad)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (for the salad)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste, for the salad)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste, for the salad)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, sliced (for the sauce)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the sauce)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the sauce)|
|White fish fillet||2 Medium (seasoned and breaded)|
|Oregano powder||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon (for the sauce)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon (for the sauce)|
|Chili pepper water||1 Tablespoon (for the sauce)|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (for the sauce)|
Calories 1867 Calories from Fat 1119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g199%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g91.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.2 mg
Sodium 2253.2 mg93.9%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 25.7 g102.9%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 55 g109.9%
Vitamin A 133.5% Vitamin C 271.2%
Calcium 43.6% Iron 68.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
FOR THE ESCABECHE SAUCE
1. In a pan, heat olive oil.
2. Add the tri colored peppers and onions.
3. Let it cook until they look translucent.
4. Add garlic and cook until it gets browned.
5. Pour in the mix of white wine and clam juice.
6. Add oregano powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
7. Throw in the capers along with the juice it is stored in.
8. Drizzle the chili pepper water and fish sauce.
9. Add the halved tomatoes reserved for the sauce.
10. Stir to get everything incorporated and cook until the tomatoes look wilted before turning off the heat.
FOR THE FISH
11. Heat a pan and pour 8 tablespoons or ½ cup olive oil in it.
12. Lightly fry the breaded fish fillets in it for about 4- 5 minutes.
FOR THE QUINOA SALAD
13. In a bowl, take the quinoa.
14. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, macadamia nuts and raisins.
15. Squeeze in the fresh lemons for the lemon juice.
16. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
17. Toss to get everything incorporated.
18. On a serving plate, brush a dash of the balsamic syrup.
19. Add half of the quinoa salad to it.
20. Place the fried fish fillets on the salad.
21. Top with the Escabeche sauce.
22. Serve right away.