- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Fruit Cake Recipe
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced citron||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Diced candied pineapple||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced candied orange peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced candied lemon peel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped macadamia nuts||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Guava jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 862 Calories from Fat 328
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.1%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg
Sodium 200.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 98.2 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderate to 275°F.
2) Grease two 9X5X3-inch loaf pans.
3) Arrange aluminum foil or brown paper over it.
4) Keep aside.
5) In a saucepan add fruits, peels, nuts, and coconut.
6) Stir in brandy, sherry, and ginger juice.
7) Add 3/4 cup of the flour.
8) In a bowl add shortening and brown sugar. Cream together.
9) Mix eggs and beat well.
10) In a large bowl sieve remaining flour with baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
11) Stir in creamed mixture.
12) Mix the jelly thoroughly.
13) Add the fruit and combine.
14) Fill prepared pans with the mixture.
15) Bake for 3 hours.
16) Serve sliced.