- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Fruit Boat Recipe
|Papaya||1 , cut in 1-inch cubes|
|Kirsch/Light rum||2 Ounce|
|Freshly grated coconut/Baked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 47.2 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 386.7%
Calcium 7% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Keep the pineapple on side.
2) Cut along sideways beginning at bottom and cutting through top. Remove /3 of pineapple off
3) Discard the core.
4) Take out the fruit from pineapple cutting around fruit about 3/4 inch from skin with a grapefruit knife.
5) Dice the pineapple.
6) In a bowl add papaya and Kirsch. Mix together.
7) Refrigerate until chilled.
8) Before serving add sliced bananas to the pineapple and papaya. Mix gently.
9) Heat the fruit mixture in pineapple shell.
10) Sprinkle grated coconut on top.
11) A few vanda orchids may be added for color.