- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Chicken Salad Recipe
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||3 Large, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1⁄4 , cut into wedges|
|Cooked cubed chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), boned|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.8 mg
Sodium 830 mg34.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 5% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a food processor to make this salad in a jiffy. Position Disc in Bowl with slicing side up
2. Add the walnuts and roughly chop walnuts. Empty them into a salad bowl.
3. Slice celery and add to nuts.
4. Shred the lettuce and add to the salad bowl.
5. Add 11/2 cups of cubed chicken to the food processor bowl and roughly chop, pulsing 3 to 4 times in short bursts.
6. Tip into the salad bowl and repeat with remaining chicken.
7. To the mayonnaise add salt and pepper. Lightly whisk until smooth.
8. Add pineapple to the bowl and pour mayonnaise over the ingredients.
9. Shake the bowl well to toss the salad and mix everything.
10. Serve salad straight for the bowl or on individual plates on a bed of lettuce leaves, if desired.