- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
|Chickens||6 Pound (2 Chickens, 3 Pound Each)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tart apples||2 , peeled, chopped|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cold water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Fresh coconut||1 (Use The Milk)|
|Light cream/Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1256 Calories from Fat 870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g151.5%
Saturated Fat 48.3 g241.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 352 mg
Sodium 834.1 mg34.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 68 g135.5%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 103.2%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the chickens into serving pieces and put them in a large saucepan.
2) Add the boiling water, bay leaf and salt to taste and cook on low flame till the chickens are tender. Drain and reserve the stock.
3) Remove the bones from chickens and cut the cooked chicken in strips.
4) In another large saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the garlic, apples and celery together till they are soft.
5) Stir in the brown sugar, curry powder, pepper to taste and ginger. Cook on low flame for about 5 to 10 minutes.
6) Pour in the reserved chicken stock as well as the onion soup mix. Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 25 minutes.
7) Mix the flour and cold water together. Stir mixture into the apple mix and stir in the coconut milk and chicken.
Remove pan from the heat and cover it. Let the preparation stand for about 3 to 4 hours.
8) Place the pan over low flame and add the cream. Stir constantly till the preparation has thoroughly heated.
9) Serve hot with rice.