- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Burger Balls Recipe
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Salad Oil - 1 Cup)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, peeled (Salad Oil - 1 Cup)|
|Onions||2 Large, peeled, sliced|
|Pineapple||14 Ounce, sliced|
|Canned sliced pineapple||30 Ounce (1 Can, 1 Pound 14 Ounces)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into pieces|
|Green pepper||1 Large, quartered, seeded, and cut in bite-size pieces|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1112 Calories from Fat 744
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g128.5%
Saturated Fat 25.1 g125.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.9 mg
Sodium 1797.1 mg74.9%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 45 g89.8%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 158.9%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a 2-cup measure, drain syrup from pineapple and pour in enough water to make 2 cups.
2) Cut 3 pineapple slices into half for garnishing.
3) Cut the remaining pineapple slices into cubes.
4) Take a large bowl and mix together ground beef, egg, walnuts, salt, pepper, and ginger in it until well-blended.
5) Figure the mixture into 16 balls.
6) In a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil and brown meat balls in it.
7) Using a slotted spoon, remove the balls and keep aside.
8) In the same frying pan, sauté onions in pan drippings just until soft.
9) Stir in syrup mixture, soy sauce and molasses and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
10) Add in meat balls and then simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
11) Take a cup and mix cornstarch with water in it to form a smooth paste.
12) Add this to meat-ball mixture and allow the mixture to thicken by stirring and boiling for 3 minutes.
13) Mix in green pepper, diced pineapple, and vinegar and cook slowly just until bubbly.
14) Transfer to a heated serving dish and serve hot with fluffy hot rice, if desired, garnishing with halved pineapple slices around edge.