- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hawaiian Burger Balls Recipe
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Canned sliced pineapple||16 Ounce (One 1 Pound 4 Ounces Can)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, quartered, seeded, and cut in bite-size pieces|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5114 Calories from Fat 3420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 382 g587%
Saturated Fat 103.5 g517.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 851.5 mg
Sodium 7222.1 mg300.9%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.5%
Dietary Fiber 31.3 g125.3%
Sugars 129.8 g
Protein 191 g382%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 395.4%
Calcium 35.2% Iron 99.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Brown in vegetable oil in a large frying pan; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Stir onions into drippings in frying pan; saute just until soft.
4. Drain syrup from pineapple into a 2-cup measure; add water to make 2 cups. Halve 3 of the pineapple slices and set aside for garnish; dice remaining.
5. Stir syrup mixture into frying pan with soy sauce and molasses; heat to boiling. Place meat balls in sauce; cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Smooth cornstarch to a paste with water in a cup; stir into meat-ball mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boil for 3 minutes.
7. Stir in green pepper, diced pineapple and vinegar. Heat slowly just until bubbly. Spoon into a heated serving dish; stand halved pineapple slices around edge. Serve with fluffy hot rice, if you wish.