- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Havana Jelly Roll Cake Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, cut into small pieces|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Raspberry||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raspberry preserves||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2140 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.8%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g100.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1058.6 mg
Sodium 790.9 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 404 g134.7%
Dietary Fiber 30 g119.9%
Sugars 289 g
Protein 43 g86.1%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 132%
Calcium 61% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush the sides of a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jelly-roll pan with butter, then brush an X from corner to corner in the pan. Line the pan with a parchment or waxed paper slightly hanging out the pan.
3) In a small saucepan, add the butter, milk and vanilla together. Scald the mixture over medium-low heat, keep aside.
4) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt together.
5) In a medium-size heatproof bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together. Hold the bowl over a lowest flame and whisk the eggs continuously until they are lukewarm.
6) Turn off the heat , with an electric mixer, beat until the mixture for 5 to 6 minutes until pale and thick as whipped cream, . Reheat the milk mixture over low heat.
7) Sift 1/3 of the flour mixture over the whipped eggs and gently fold together. Fold in rest of the flour mixture in two additions.
8) Pour the hot milk in a slow stream and continue to fold until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and tilt the pan to spread evenly.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Allow to cool down on a wire rack. Remove the cake from the pan and peel off the paper.
10) Turn it on a piece of aluminum foil so the browned side of the cake faces up and spread the preserves evenly over the surface.
11) Roll the cake up as tightly as possible and then enclose it in the foil and refrigerate with seam side down for almost 3 hours. T
12) Trim off the ends, cut the roll into 1-inch thick slices and serve immediately.