- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 483 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 517.4 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 170.9%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 370 degree F.
2. Grease a baking tray with oil or butter.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut a thin slice off the base of potatoes.
4. Place a potato on the chopping board, cut side down and thinly slice, leaving about ¼ inch intact at the base. Do the same with the rest of the potatoes.
5. In a bowl, season the melted butter with salt and pepper.
6. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the melted butter over the potatoes.
7. Arrange the potatoes on prepared baking tray.
8. Bake the potatoes in the preheated oven for 1 hour, turning the potatoes after 20 minutes so that they brown evenly on all sides.
9. Insert a thin skewer or a knife in the centre of a potato to check if it is tender and cooked through.