- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hash Browned Potatoes Recipe Video
|Potato||2 Medium, grated|
|Butter/Clarified butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 278.6 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 120.5%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the shallots.
2) Peel and grate the potato. Squeeze the grated potato through a kitchen towel.
3) In a large bowl, place the sliced shallot, grated potatoes and clarified or melted butter.
4) Season with salt and pepper. Then stir with a spoon to mix thoroughly.
5) In a non-stick girdle or cast iron skillet, spread the potato mixture and cook slowly over medium low heat until nicely browned.
6) Place the Hash Browned Potatoes on a serving plate and serve immediately with eggs and toast.
For a more rustic version ,leave skin on potatoes. Just be sure to scrub them very well.