- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Harvest Eating Vodcast Episode #1 Recipe Video
|Sweet onion||1 Medium|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium|
|Green onion||2 , cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Thyme sprig||1 Large|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (organic, organic valley)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.5%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 433 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 56.5% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and chop the onions.
2. Cut the tops and ends off green onion and cut it in 1-inch pieces.
3. In a heavy bottom pan medium heat, heat olive oil and saute all the three onions.
4. Add in black pepper, kosher salt and thyme.
5. Stir well to coat all the onions with oil and reduce the heat to low and allow to cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Pour in the cream, stir to mix and cook for 25 to 30 minutes more.
7. Serve it hot with steak or chicken.