- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Harvest Spice Cake Recipe
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 1/2 Stick)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apple cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter rum frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5554 Calories from Fat 1896
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 220 g338.1%
Saturated Fat 120.5 g602.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1090.4 mg363.5%
Sodium 4518.3 mg188.3%
Total Carbohydrates 826 g275.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.2%
Sugars 524.1 g
Protein 70 g139.8%
Vitamin A 103% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 183.1% Iron 144.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat butter or margarine until softened in the large bowl of an electric mixer at high speed; gradually add brown sugar and continue beating until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth and creamy; turn mixer to lowest speed.
3. Combine milk, apple cider and vanilla in a 2-cup measure.
4. Stir in flour mixture, alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour, until batter is smooth. Pour batter into three 8-inch greased and floured layer cake pans.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Loosen layers around edges with a small spatula; invert onto racks; cool completely.
6. Put layers together with part of the butter rum frosting on serving plate. Frost side and top of cake. Garnish with walnuts.