- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Harvest Loaf Pumpkin Bread Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Optional)|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg
Sodium 365.8 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 34.4 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 103.6% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Keep aside
3. In an electric mixing bowl, cream together the butter with sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well combined.
5. Add pumpkin puree and blend for about 2 minutes until well combined.
6. In another bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir nicely.
7. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and blend until just combined.
8. Stir in the chocolate chips and blend until just combined and soft.
9. Take the greased pan, pour the batter into it and spread it evenly, and smooth out the top.
10. Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or until the tester comes out clean.
11. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the loaf sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and let the loaf cool completely on a rack before serving.
12. Cut the loaf into desired slices and serve with tea or coffee.