- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
|Skinless chicken drumsticks||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Package)|
|Dried italian herb seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Bacon slices||3 , diced|
|Pasta ready tomatoes with cheese||29 Ounce (Two 14 1/2 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Small, scrubbed and julienned|
|Angel hair pasta||12 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 110.4 mg
Sodium 1071 mg44.6%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.8%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 44 g88.5%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle the chicken.
2) Over medium-low heat, place a large nonstick skillet and cook the bacon for about 5 minutes till it is crisp. Remove from the skillet, drain and crumble the bacon.
2) Raise the heat to medium-high and add rhe chicken to the bacon drippings in the skillet. Alternatively, 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil can be used instead. Cook the chicken properly on all sides till it browns. Turn often.
3) Combine together the tomatoes, bacon, onion, wine and garlic in a large slow cooker. Add the chicken and cook over high heat for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or till the meat is fork tender.
4) During the final 5 minutes of cooking, add the zucchini.
5) Serve chicken and vegetables hot over angel hair pasta.