- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Harry Hamblet's Golden Fried Oysters Recipe
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 438.9 mg
Sodium 700.7 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.44%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 54 g107.8%
Vitamin A 36.6% Vitamin C 68.6%
Calcium 7% Iron 150.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lightly beat and combine the eggs with the cream.
2) Dredge the oysters with the flour, dip into the egg mixture, then roll in the cracker crumbs and allow to stand for a few minutes.
3) In a heavy skillet, melt enough butter and evenly brown the oysters.
4) Remove and sprinkle well with the salt and pepper to taste.
5) Garnish with the lemon wedges and serve on a nice hot platter with the coleslaw.
Add a little oil to the butter while melting to avoid the butter from burning.
Soda cracker or saltine crumbs are the best for coating.