- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Harem Pilaf Recipe
|Button mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine/Cider||4 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Avocado||1 , peeled and diced|
|Chicken livers||1⁄4 Pound, diced (Raw)|
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.1 mg
Sodium 483.7 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 110.2% Vitamin C 78.1%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, pour boiling water to plunge the tomatoes for 1 minute. Immediately peel off the skin and dice the tomatoes by removing the seeds.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F.
3) In a medium-sized ovenproof casserole, add onion to sauté in 4 tablespoons butter until golden.
4) Add rice and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, by stirring.
5) Pour in wine and chicken stock over rice.
6) Sprinkle salt and pepper to season as per your taste.
7) Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
8) Cover the casserole and place inside the oven for 14 to 16 minutes. With a fork, stir at least once after about 10 minutes of cooking time.
9) In a skillet, sauté the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 3 minutes.
10) Stir in garlic, parsley, oregano, tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, according to taste.
11) Simmer the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
12) Spread avocado and keep warm.
13) In another pan, heat up little butter to sauté the chicken livers.
14) Add this to the finished rice mixture with a fork.
15) In a serving platter, arrange the rice in a ring by keeping the center free. Place avocado and mushroom mixture at the center. Serve warm.