- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hard Boiled Eggs In Curried Dal or Legume Soup Recipe Video
|Dal/Legumes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Jalapeno||1 , chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Cane sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chili||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 205.3 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 94.6% Vitamin C 64.1%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot boil the eggs in water for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and cut the eggs into halves.
2. In a large pan cook the dal with water. Keep on simmer.
3. In a skillet, heat the oil. Add garlic, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ginger, green chili, red chili, jalapeno and onion. Saute them well.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, cloves, salt and cane sugar and mix well.
5. Pour in the lemon juice and keep stirring. Stir in the tomatoes, carrots and red bell pepper.
6. Add this mixture into the dal and mix well. Put the eggs and gently mix with the gravy.
7. Transfer the curry to serving bowls and microwave 6 minutes.
8. Serve the Egg and Dal Curry with pita bread, basmati rice and fresh cilantro.