- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hard Sauce Recipe
|Brown sugar||1 Pound|
|Whiskey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3735 Calories from Fat 1696
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 193 g296.7%
Saturated Fat 120 g600.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 857.8 mg
Sodium 39.8 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 456 g152.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 454.7 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 122.1% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pour water in a medium pan and bring water to a boil, then allow it to simmer.
2. Take a basin, large enough to fit over the pan without the base touching the simmering water.
3. In it combine butter, sugar and nutmeg.
4. Fit the basin over the pan of simmering water and use a whisk or wooden spoon to whisk the mixture until melted and smooth.
5. Take pan off the heat.
6. Beat the egg yolks and add gradually into the sauce, whisking to incorporate it. The sauce will get thicker.
7. Add the whiskey and stir to get a smooth sauce adjusting the amount according to the consistency desired.
8. Serve this sauce warm over puddings, pies or cakes.