- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blue Moon Blood Orange Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||100 Gram (1 stick, at room temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Caramel apple spiced ale beer||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Blue Moon)|
|Cream cheese||100 Gram|
|Powdered sugar||50 Gram|
|Fresh blood orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 21 g105.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161 mg53.7%
Sodium 193.8 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 22.8% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk butter until smooth.
4. Drop eggs, one at a time and blend after each addition.
5. Throw vanilla, and orange zest in it. Scrape down the sides and mix well.
6. In a large jug, add milk and beer. Give it a nice whisk.
7. In the sugar butter mixture, drop beer and dry ingredients mixture, a little at a time, alternatively. Beat continuously. Scrape off sides to mix evenly.
8. Line a cupcake tray with liner, and pour mixture in it.
9. Pop it in oven, and bake until done. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
10. For frosting, in a large bowl, add cream cheese, and butter. Beat until smooth.
11. Gradually drop sugar and mix well. Add blood orange juice and whisk.
12. Top cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
13. Garnish each cupcake with a slice of blood orange and serve immediately.
Use blood orange for zest.