- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Happy Halibut with Snappy Celeriac Puree Recipe Video
|Dried mushrooms||2 Ounce (each of chanterelle, porcini, and Portobello rehydrated with hot water and add ½ cup of Sake)|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, finely diced|
|Sake||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chives||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), chopped|
|Thyme||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Panko crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Balsamic mustard||4 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided (3 tbsp. to coat halibut and remaining for puree)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided (1/4 cup for halibut and remaining for puree)|
|Halibut fillet||1 Pound|
|For the puree|
|Celeriac||1 , cubed|
|Parsnip||1 (peeled and sliced into disks)|
|Lemon||1 Medium (Zest and juice)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic mustard||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1459 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g122.9%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg
Sodium 514.3 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 32.4 g
Protein 62 g123.7%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 117.4%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needfood processor
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degree.
2. Rehydrated the mushrooms in hot water and 1/ cup of sake.
3. Finely dice the shallots, chop the garlic and chives, peel and cut the celeriac into cubes, slice the parsnip into disc, set aside.
4. Remove the zest of lemon and squeeze the juice and set aside.
5. In a bowl combine the celeriac and parsnip with cold salted water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until tender for 12-15 minutes.
6. In a container combine ½ of the lemon juice, olive oil and 1 tablespoon mustard and honey, set aside.
7. Drain mushrooms and drain the excess water.
8. Heat pan over med heat, pour ½ tablespoon of olive oil, sauté shallots for 3-5 minutes.
9. Add mushrooms and ¼ cup of Sake. Cook until sake evaporates.
10. Transfer the mushrooms on a board and chop them really well, add the mushrooms in the same pan and cook for few more minutes or until dry.
11. In a food processor combine lemon juice mixture, which was prepared earlier, along with celeriac and parsnip, mix everything until all incorporated.
12. Remove mushrooms from pan and place in a bowl. Mix in garlic, chives, thyme, and Panko crumbs. Set aside.
13. In another pan pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil and sear the halibut on both sides.
14. Coat one side with mustard, press mushroom topping into halibut and place any additional mushroom mixture in pan.
15. Add lemon juice, sake, and olive oil.
16. Place pan in oven and bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
17. Place celeriac parsnip puree on plate, top with halibut, and garnish with lemon zest.
18. Serve the halibut with snappy celeriac puree hot.