- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Happy As A Clam Sauce Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Light Cream)|
|Canned clams||6 1⁄2 Ounce, minced / chopped (1 Can)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 927 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.2%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg
Sodium 792.5 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 57 g114.3%
Vitamin A 102.4% Vitamin C 140.8%
Calcium 44.2% Iron 308.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
2. Add garlic to the butter and saute lightly until soft but not browned.
3. Stir in the flour and cook until it begins to froth with the butter.
4. Gradually add in half and half, stirring constantly until well blended with the butter-flour mixture.
5. Cook the sauce on low heat, stirring constantly, until it is thick and bubbly.
6. To the simmering sauce, add undrained clams, brandy, herbs and seasonings and stir well.
7. Heat through for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Serve the sauce hot, over pasta or poached fish.