- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Happy Apple Muffins Recipe
|Finely chopped apples||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 851 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.4%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg
Sodium 632.3 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.4 g57.7%
Sugars 78.5 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 75.6% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a muffin tray with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour with salt and baking powder.
4. Mix in the apples and cinnamon.
5. In a measuring jar, combine the milk, oil, honey and yogurt and stir until well blended.
6. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients.
7. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, gently stir to get a smooth batter.
8. Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tray, filling each muffin mould only 3/4th full.
9. Place the muffin tray on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins have risen and are golden brown.
10. Remove the tray from the oven and invert the muffins on a wire rack. Allow the muffins to cool.
11. Serve the muffins warm as an evening snack or have them for breakfast with tea or coffee.
12. Store them in an airtight container lined with grease proof paper.