- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Inviting Caprese Sandwich Recipe Video
|Ciabatta bun||1 (or any similar bun)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato slices||4 (more or less as needed)|
|Fresh basil||5 Gram, sliced (as needed)|
|Fresh white mozzarella||15 Gram, sliced (more or less as needed)|
|Light olive oil||To Taste|
|Dried italian seasoning||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.9 mg
Sodium 798 mg33.2%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut bun horizontally into two equal parts.
2. In a skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil and place bun, cut side down. Toast until browned and crisp.
3. Remove bun slices from heat and put them on a plate to assemble sandwich.
4. Sprinkle dried Italian seasoning on the two toasted bun halves.
5. On the bottom half, place some sliced fresh tomatoes, followed by some basil and mozzarella cheese slices.
6. Put a splash of light olive oil and a sprinkling of Italian seasoning on the top, and repeat the layering, beginning with tomatoes and ending with a sprinkling of Italian seasoning.
7. Cap the sandwich with the top half and slice diagonally.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!