- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hand Cut Chips Recipe Video
|Potatoes||4 Large (King Edward potatoes)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (use as per taste)|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 94.7 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 98.2%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash, peel, rewash the potatoes and cut into strips approx 6cm–7cm long by 1cm wide and 1cm deep.
2. Wash the cut potatoes once again and dry on a clean cloth.
3. Heat a heavy-based deep pan half-filled with oil to about 180°C.
4. Carefully place your potato chips into the oil and cook (blanch) until soft.
5. Remove the blanched potatoes from the oil, drain into a colander to remove any excess oil and keep aside in a dish until required.
6. When required, heat the pan of oil to around 200°C.
7. Return the blanched chips to the hot oil and fry once again until crisp and golden in color.
8. Remove the potato chips from the pan, drain in a metal colander and shake well to remove any excess oil.
9. Sprinkle your potato chips with a little sea salt and serve immediately.