- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hampshire Bacon Dumplings Recipe
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Shredded beef suet||4 Ounce|
|White breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Bacon rashers||4 Ounce, trimmed and chopped|
Calories 992 Calories from Fat 538
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.1%
Saturated Fat 29.7 g148.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1572.8 mg65.5%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 35.2% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a basin sift flour and salt together.
2) Add remaining ingredients and mix water to make firm dough.
3) Lightly flour a surface and turn the mixture on it. With hand shape into a flat roll.
4) Grease a double-thickness greaseproof paper and wrap with it in pleat. Tie like a cracker and rap loosely with foil
5) Steam briskly for 1 1/2 hours.
6) Take off paper and slice.
7) Serve with grilled tomatoes and gravy.