- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hampshire Bacon Dumplings Recipe
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Shredded beef suet||4 Ounce|
|White breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Bacon rashers||4 Ounce, trimmed and chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (As Required)|
Calories 1246 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.7%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1582.2 mg65.9%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.4%
Sugars 55.3 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 39.4% Iron 39.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a basin sift flour and salt together.
2) Add remaining ingredients and mix water to make firm dough.
3) Lightly flour a surface and turn the mixture on it. With hand shape into a flat roll.
4) Grease a double-thickness greaseproof paper and wrap with it in pleat. Tie like a cracker and rap loosely with foil
5) Steam briskly for 1 1/2 hours.
6) Take off paper and slice.
7) Serve with grilled tomatoes and gravy.