- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish And Ham Eggroll Recipe Video
|Ham||4 Ounce, diced (Smithfield Ham)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, peeled and minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|White onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Collard greens||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Flaked fish||1 Pound|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Egg roll wrappers||14 Medium|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 942 Calories from Fat 808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.5%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.6 mg12.5%
Sodium 652 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 63.8% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot of boiling hot water over medium high, cook the fish with some cilantro and ginger.
2. In another pot of boiling hot water, add and blanch some collard greens for 30 seconds. Once done, remove and place it on a chopping board and mince it.
3. In a small bowl, add and beat the egg well. Set aside.
4. In a saute pan on medium high, add the ham, garlic and saute it for about 7 minutes. Add ginger and mix well.
5. For the filling: In a mixing bowl, add and combine together cilantro, carrots, green onions, white onion, collard greens and toss well.
6. To the above bowl, add the stir fried ham pieces and mix well.
7. Add the cooked fish, mix it well and season it with salt, pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin and rice wine vinegar. Mix until well combined.
8. For the sauce: In another mixing bowl add soy sauce, sesame oil, mirin, rice wine vinegar and mix well.
9. Take egg roll skins one at a time and start with applying some egg mixture on one side and placing the ham and fish filling the center. Hold one end of the egg roll and roll it over the mixture and form a tight egg roll. Repeat this step for all the egg roll skins and set aside.
10. In a deep frying pan, heat oil for frying. Once the oil is hot, deep fry the egg rolls for about 3 - 4 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, remove them onto paper towels and drain excess oil.
11. Serve the fish and ham egg rolls with sauce.