- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hamburgers with Spinach and Basil Goat Cheese Pesto Recipe
|Basil leaves||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled, chopped|
|Pine nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Spinach||1 Pound, finely chopped, washed, and dried|
|Beef||1 1⁄4 Pound, ground (Extra Lean)|
|Crusty rolls||4 Large|
|Tomato||1 Large, cut into 4 slices (Ripe)|
Calories 1017 Calories from Fat 587
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.8%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 111.3 mg
Sodium 1091.9 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 52 g105%
Vitamin A 242.1% Vitamin C 70.7%
Calcium 50.2% Iron 61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a food processor or blender, process the basil, garlic, and pine nuts until coarse. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil and process the ingredients until smooth.
2) Stir in the Parmesan and black pepper, keep aside 3 tablespoons of the pesto for the hamburgers.
3) In a bowl, stir 3 tablespoons of pesto and goat cheese together, until they are smooth, keep aside.
4) In a large skillet, saute the garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil over a medium-low heat until soft. Stir in the spinach, stirring continuously and saute until softened.
5) In a large mixing bowl, add the spinach mixture, ground beef, salt and pepper together.
6) Combine all the ingredients thoroughly and shape the mixture into 4 round patties.
7) In the skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and sear the patties on both the sides over a high heat. Then lower the heat and cook the burgers until thoroughly cooked.
8) Place each burger on a roll, place a tomato slice and spread 1/4 pesto-goat cheese mixture on each roll.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.