- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hamburger Rolls with Sweet Pickle Stuffing Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft bread cubes||1 Quart (1/2 Inch Cubes)|
|Piccalilli/Chopped sweet pickles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.5%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 88.8 mg
Sodium 749 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season meat with salt and pepper.
2) Preheat oven at 350° F.
3) In a skillet, melt butter.
4) Add onion to sauté until tender.
5) Pour the mixture over soft bread cubes, piccalilli, salt, pepper and sage.
6) Add milk to combine well.
7) Use a lightly floured wax paper to spread meat.
8) Roll meat to a rectangular sheet with the help of a floured rolling pin.
9) Spread the stuffing evenly on the meat. Roll up the meat as a jelly roll by lifting waxed paper and gently rolling meat away from it.
10) Place in a loaf pan to bake for 50 minutes.
11) Serve the roll warm with additional pickles on side.