- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hamburger Potato Roll Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Ground chuck beef||1 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned mashed potato||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced parsley/Green pepper||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3508 Calories from Fat 1119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.5%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 535.5 mg
Sodium 3729.5 mg155.4%
Total Carbohydrates 469 g156.5%
Dietary Fiber 49.6 g198.5%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 144 g287.1%
Vitamin A 32% Vitamin C 377.8%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the drippings, add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is transparent. Remove to a mixing bowl and add the ground beef. Add the egg.
3. Soften the bread in water, press out the excess water and add bread to the meat. Add the salt, oregano and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle a piece of waxed paper with crumbs. Press the meat out on the crumbs to make a rectangle about one-half inch thick.
5. Beat the mashed potatoes with the parsley and spread on top of the meat. (If leftover potato is used, reheat it in a double boiler before spreading.)
6. Using the waxed paper as an aid, roll the meat and potatoes, jelly-roll fashion, and place in a loaf pan or on a shallow baking pan. Grease the pan if the meat is very lean. Place the bacon on top or brush with additional drippings; baste at least once during baking.
7. Bake about one hour and serve with a brown sauce made from the pan drippings, or with mushroom, tomato or other sauce.