- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hamburger On The Lean Side Recipe
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Meat sauce||1 Dash|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cognac||3⁄4 Ounce (1/2 Jigger)|
|Canned chopped mushrooms||5 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.9 mg
Sodium 195.6 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 21 g41.6%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim off all the fat from the meat before grinding.
2) Fry the chopped onions in olive oil until golden brown.
3) Season well with the curry powder, cognac, salt, pepper and meat sauce.
4) Mix well with the mushrooms, raw egg and fried onions.
5) Shape the meat into large cakes .
6) Broil the meat cakes until cooked.
6) Serve on a nice plate.