- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hamburger Meat Casserole Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced to half moons|
|Bell pepper||1 Large, deseeded and diced|
|Carrots||2 Large, diced|
|Zucchini||4 Small, diced|
|Plain yogurt/Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hamburger meat||2 Pound|
|Seasoning||3 Tablespoon (Italian Seasoning Or Any Seasoning You Like)|
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.4%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 144.3 mg48.1%
Sodium 310.3 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 53 g105.9%
Vitamin A 130.2% Vitamin C 116.9%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 35.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil, onion, pepper and carrots. Sauté them for 2 minutes.
3. Add zucchini and continue to sauté until first signs of caramelization starts. It will take from 5-7 minutes.
4. Then add water and let the vegetables soften for 3 more minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, add yogurt and take pan off the heat.
6. Take an oven safe dish and cover the bottom with 1lb (454g) meat.
7. Sprinkle half of the seasoning on top.
8. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
9. Place all the vegetables on top of the meat.
10. Then add the rest of the meat on top of the vegetables.
11. Sprinkle the rest of seasoning, salt and pepper.
12. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top.
13. Pop into a hot oven (about 375 degree F) for 45 minutes.
14. Serve straight out of the oven.