- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hamburger Foldovers Recipe
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Bottled steak sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Split hamburger buns||8|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced|
|Sliced onion||1 Large, peeled, sliced, and separated in rings|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.2 mg
Sodium 762.3 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine ground beef lightly with seasonings and divide the mixture evenly into 8 portions.
2) Figure each portion into a 6-inch round on a piece of wax paper or foil.
3) Add in about 2 tablespoons cheese in center.
4) Fold the round in half and seal after pressing edges together.
5) Apply steak sauce over patties.
6) Cook the patties under grill over hot coals, tossing and basting with more steak sauce, until meat is cooked well.
7) Grill the buns until toasted and then butter, if desired.
8) Arrange in a sandwich style, with meat patties, tomato slices, and onion rings and serve at once.