- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hamburger Baps Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Minced beef||8 Ounce|
|Condensed vegetable soup||11 Ounce (1 Can Small)|
|Round rolls/Baps||4 (Soft)|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 41.9 mg
Sodium 512.5 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.2%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, melt the lard.
2) Add in the onion and saute till they become soft.
3) Mix in the minced beef and curry powder. Stir till the beef loses its red colour and starts becoming brown.
4) Sprinkle a little flour over the meat mixture. Cook till the flour browns lightly.
5) Next, mix in the condensed vegetable soup, salt and pepper. Mix well and cover the pan. Cook the mixture over a low flame for about 30 minutes or till the mixture starts to thicken.
6) Meanwhile, split the baps open. Toast both sides lightly. Stuff the meat mixture into the baps and close tightly.
7) Serve the Hamburger Baps hot. Garnish the plate with onion rings and tomato slices.
8) Serve mustard and tomato sauce on the side.