- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Corn oil margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Self rising cake flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Lekvar/Apple butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5072 Calories from Fat 1748
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 194 g299%
Saturated Fat 37.9 g189.6%
Trans Fat 39.6 g
Cholesterol 845.9 mg
Sodium 10119.2 mg421.6%
Total Carbohydrates 751 g250.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 242 g
Protein 67 g134.3%
Vitamin A 205.5% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 151.9% Iron 150%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a cookie sheet.
2) Lightly beat the eggs, then beat in the margarine, sugar, and orange rind.
3) Continue beating till the mix is fluffy and thick.
4) Gently stir in the flour.
5) Refrigerate till firm.
6) Divide the dough into quarters.
7) Flour a board or cloth.
8) Place the dough on this and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
9) Cut into 3-inch circles and arrange on the cookie sheet.
10) Into the center of each, add 1 tablespoon lekvar or apple butter.
11) Form tricorns, bringing up the edges of the dough to almost the center and making three seams.
12) Keeping some of the filling visible, tightly pinch together the seams.
13) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for about 20 minutes till golden brown.
14) Serve as a snack.