- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham Vegetable and Noodle Salad Recipe
|Spinach leaves||1⁄2 Pound (1 Small Bunch, Large Leaves)|
|Red onion||1 Large|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Ham||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||9 Tablespoon|
|Chinese egg noodles/3/4 pound dried capellini / spaghettini||1 Pound|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4538 Calories from Fat 1540
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 174 g266.9%
Saturated Fat 32.2 g161.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 814.5 mg
Sodium 1168 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 549 g183%
Dietary Fiber 37.2 g149%
Sugars 195.4 g
Protein 198 g396.2%
Vitamin A 524.2% Vitamin C 403.5%
Calcium 72.2% Iron 185.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a stockpot or a large saucepan, bring 4 quarts of water to a quick boil.
2) In the meantime, take out and discard any bruised or discoloured leaves from the spinach. Wash the leaves left behind under various changes of cold water and remove the tough stems. Shake off the water from the leaves and drain them in a colander. Keep aside.
3) Peel the red onion and cut it in half. Cut the halves into thin slices and then cut the slices into half. Separate the strips and keep aside.
4) Rinse the cherry tomatoes and dry them. Remove the stems.
5) Rinse the cucumber and pat dry. Trim the ends and throw them away. Cut the cucumber in half crosswise and then halve every piece lengthwise. Further cut the quarters lengthwise into ¼-inch cubes.
6) Scrub the zucchini under cold running water. Use a vegetable brush to clean in order to remove all the sand. Dry with a paper towel and cut the zucchini into ¼-inch cubes and keep aside.
7) Cut the ham into ¼-inch thick strips and keep aside.
8) To the boiling water, add 1 tablespoon of oil in order to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Add the noodles and with a wooden spoon, stir them in order to separate. If fresh noodles are being used, cook for 2 to 3 minutes. In case packaged noodles are being used, follow the instructions on the pack.
9) Turn the cooked noodles into a colander and wash under running cold water. Keep aside to drain.
10) For the dressing, combine together the sugar, 2 teaspoons of salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, vinegar, lemon juice and ½ cup of oil in a small bowl. With a fork, beat the ingredients till they have blended well. Keep aside.
11) Among 4 dinner plates, divide the spinach and also divide the noodles among the plates. Mound the noodles in the center and top with cucumber, zucchini and onion. Arrange the cherry tomatoes and ham strips around the noodles in an attractive pattern. Cover and keep aside till it is time to serve.
12) Stir the dressing to recombine right before serving and serve immediately with salads.