- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham Chow Mein Recipe
|Peanut oil/Use vegetable oil of the same quantity||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Green bell pepper strips/Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Chinese cabbage||4 , thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
|Teriyaki sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||5 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Mustard||1 Dash, powdered|
|Ham||6 Ounce, sliced, boiled (Thin Strips)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.3 mg
Sodium 698.5 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.8%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 22 g44.9%
Vitamin A 750.7% Vitamin C 632.5%
Calcium 89.5% Iron 39.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1)Take a 12-inch skillet, heat oil in it.
2) Now add onion, green or red pepper, and garlic. 3) Fry quickly by turning frequently, just until pepper softens a litlle.
4) Now add cabbage, mushrooms, teriyaki sauce, broth mix, salt, pepper, and mustard.
5) Fry briefly by turning till the vegetables are soft and-crisp for about 5 minutes.
6) Add ham and cook, mixing all the while, till it well heated for about 3 minutes.
7) In small bowl, mix together water, cornstarch, and sugar, mixing thoroughly to dissolve cornstarch.
8) Now add to ham mixture and cook,mixing all the while till the mixture thickens a little.
9) Serve hot.