- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Sprouts Salad Recipe
|Thinly sliced cooked ham||8 Ounce|
|Cooked ham||8 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , chopped|
|For yogurt-tartar dressing|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped sweet pickle||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped sweet pickles||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pimento stuffed olives||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Radish sprouts||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Alfalfa sprouts||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Radish sprouts||10 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Alfalfa sprouts||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup If Desired)|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.4 mg
Sodium 352.7 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 35 g69.7%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, combine radish sprouts and alfalfa sprouts.
2. Make 2-inch strips out of the ham.
3. Add the strips and hard-cooked eggs to sprouts and toss to combine.
4. For making the dressing in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, pour dressing over salad and toss salad to coat with dressing.
5. In the center of a serving platter mound salad surround with a ring of radish sprouts and alfalfa sprouts, if desired and serve immediately.
6. Preferably serve the salad with warm, crusty whole-wheat bread.