- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham and Rice Dish Recipe
|Uncooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cubed ham||4 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1975 Calories from Fat 597
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.7%
Saturated Fat 31.8 g158.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.2 mg
Sodium 200.4 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 304 g101.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 136.7 g
Protein 46 g91.9%
Vitamin A 30.9% Vitamin C 18%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a vessel, start cooking rice without butter and salt.
2. Remove the rice from heat when almost done, but not completely cooked.
3. In a small skillet, add butter and almonds and toast the almonds slightly
4. Add orange marmalade and thoroughly heat.
5. In a 2-quart deep casserole dish, spread half of the rice, half of cubed ham and half marmalade mixture.
6. Again layer with remaining rice, remaining ham and remaining marmalade mixture.
7. Cover and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 30 minutes.
8. Remove cover and bake for another 5 minutes for coloring.
9. Serve hot.