- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ham And Potato Pie Recipe
|Finely chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Defatted chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Homemade Or Canned)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped lean ham||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), all visible fat removed|
|Canned creamed corn||17 Ounce (1 Can, 2 Cups)|
|Seasoned low fat mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.5 mg
Sodium 1860.4 mg77.5%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 88.4%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
2. Take a large non-stick skillet and spray it with PAM.
3. Place the skillet on heat, add the onions and saute over medium heat for 2 minutes until softened.
4. Next, add the green pepper, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Do not cover.
6. In a bowl, add the ham, corn, and onion mixture and stir to mix.
7. Take an ungreased baking dish and spoon the mixture into it.
8. Cover with the mashed potatoes and roughen the surface with a fork
9. In the oven, bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until the top is flecked with brown.
10. If necessary, run the dish under a pre-heated broiler to get the brown colour.
11. Serve hot.